A “Jesse Tree” is an artistic depiction of the ancestry of Jesus. The tree (whether it be a cut-out, a real Christmas tree, or simply some branches placed in a bucket) is decorated each day with ornaments that represent Old Testament events from Creation to the Birth of Jesus. The tree gets its name from Isaiah 11:1 “A shoot will spring forth from the stump of Jesse, and a branch out of his roots.”
If you do a Google search for Jesse Tree symbols, you’ll find many different examples that you can use for free, however this set is by far my favorite.You can download the images in both 3.5″ and 7.5″ sets, but I wanted to use them to create glass magnets, so I shrunk them down to 1″ to fit the standard glass rocks you can find in any craft store.
Only a few supplies are needed:
- 28 glass rocks – find these in the craft or floral aisles at any store.
- Mod Podge and small brush
- printed small Jesse Tree images
- adhesive magnets
- Christmas tree image
How to create the magnets:
- Simple cut out the Jesse Tree images either by hand or with a one-inch punch.
- Brush a thin layer of Mod Podge onto the back of a glass rock.
- Center the cut out image onto the Mod Podge and smooth out.
- After the Mod Podge dries, cut the adhesive magnets to fit onto the back of the rock and attach.
- Hang on your refrigerator for the family to complete as you read the scriptures provided here.
*Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links.
- How to Save Money on LEGO
- Cookie Dough Gifts