We all know I am big nerd. I am also a big romantic and I fall hard for imaginary couples on TV. My husband thinks it is sweet and hugs me when I get sappy and cry over love stories. Well, he laughs at me too.
With all the negativity surrounding marriage and commitment on the small and big screens, it is very difficult to find couples who honor their marriage vows and life-long commitments. Marriage is a covenant with God, people…not something you disregard in favor of short flings or toss out the door when you get bored!! With all the one night stands, breakups and divorces, it is so heart warming to be able to watch a love story unfold on TV and not have my own heart break in turn.
Yes, I know I am sappy. And I watch too much TV. And I get sucked in.
I love to make things with wood. I love my Silhouette Cameo. I love imaginary characters. So I just had to make this little display. What really matters the most is that I fiercely love my husband, the way these characters love theirs as well.
In case you do not recognize them all:
- Doctor (#11) and his true love and wife River Song – from Doctor Who
- Fitzwilliam Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet – from the book Pride and Prejudice
- Rory and Amy, lovingly referred to as The Ponds – from Doctor Who
- John and Anna Bates – from Downton Abbey
- Ron and Hermione – from Harry Potter
- Harry and Ginny – also from Harry Potter
- Aragorn and Arwen – from Lord of the Rings
- Chakotay and 7 of 9 – from Star Trek: Voyager
- President Ronald and First Lady Nancy Reagan
- Han and Leia – from Star Wars
- Aladdin and Jasmine – from the Disney movie Aladdin
- Adam and Belle – Prince Adam is the name Disney has given to the Beast in Beauty and the Beast
- Westley and Buttercup – aaaas yooouuu wiiiiiiiiish – from The Princess Bride
- Rick and Evie – archeologists from The Mummy movies
*Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links.
- Ultimate and Inexpensive Minecraft Birthday Party Gift Bags
- Science in the Kitchen