This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
I am never happier than when I am planning for our Christmas get-togethers. Christmas with our extended families is definitely one of the highlights of my year. I love to create little gifts to send home with our loved ones, just to let them know how important they are to me. Whether it be personalized cups, stockings full of snacks to eat on Christmas Day, or trays of homemade goodies, the little things seem to go along way, don’t you agree?
Over the years, I’ve learned that their favorite goody by far is the homemade logs of cookie dough. It makes me giddy inside to hear someone walk through the door and immediately say, “You made the cookie dough, right?” The log shape makes it very easy to slice off the perfectly sized cookie.
If you’ve never considered doing something like this for your family at Christmas, or even Thanksgiving, I highly recommend it! They will adore you forever. In this post, I’ll share the recipe for the Unbelievably Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie and cute labels and tags for you to use.
Your Cookie Ingredients
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounce bag of M&M’S® Brand Minis Milk Chocolate Baking Bits
- 12 ounce bag of milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 gallon of Great Value® Milk from Walmart – a cookie without a glass of milk is like Christmas without candy canes!
- and Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting – an optional goodie for the top of your cookies! You can find all of the delicious Pillsbury™ Brands frosting at Walmart in the Baking Aisle.
You Will Also Need
- parchment paper
1. Measure out the brown sugar, white sugar, and butter.
2. Beat together the sugars and butter for several minutes. I run my stand mixer for 5 whole minutes until the mixture is super light and fluffy. This really is the key to the best cookie batter.
Not quite done.
This is perfectly creamed butter and sugar.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
4. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
5. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture slowly and beat on low speed.
6. Stir in the M&M’S® Minis and the chocolate chips.
7. Print out your labels…
Download the cookie dough label
Download the milk label
8. On a long piece of parchment paper, spread out the cookie dough. Make sure to leave about 2-inches on each side.
9. Roll the parchment paper around the cookie dough. Place the label underneath as you are rolling the dough into a log and use it as a guide to make sure the log is thin enough so that the label can wrap all the way around it.
10. Crimp and tie the ends of the roll with pretty ribbon
11. Wrap the label around the log and secure with tape.
12. Punch a hole in the milk label and tie it around the milk jug handle with pretty ribbon.
13. This is the most important step…watch the joy on your family’s faces as you present them with their sweet treat. Sweet treats are two gifts in one!
14. To bake the cookies, slice the log of dough into desired thickness and bake in a 350-degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
15. Spread Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting on a fresh out of the oven, warm cookie and top with any extra M&M’S® Brand Minis Milk Chocolate Baking Bits that you may have kept to nibble on.
I would love to hear the little things that YOU do to bless your family during the holidays. Share your ideas in the comments.
*Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links.
- Christmas Countdown Ideas: Jesse Tree Magnets
- 100 Ways to Teach With Science Fiction