1. Buy any bag of mini Hershey assorted candy bars. If you want to start on December 1st, you’ll need 25 candy bars for each child.
2. The labels you will need to create are 3″ in height by 1.38″ in width. Here is a link to mine if you would like to use them. The background is simply scrapbook paper that I scanned in. Then I used Photoshop to add the dates on top of the background.
3. Wrap each candy bar with a label and secure the back with a piece of tape. Be sure to space out the different flavors of candy bar so your poor child doesn’t end up with Mr. Goodbar for 6 days in a row.
4. Make sure you don’t eat too many when you are completing this project…hands off those 25!
5. Secure the wrapped candy bars to a piece of cardstock. They stay up perfectly well using a piece of rolled tape, or you could use glue dots. You can then hang your candy bar countdown anywhere in the house.
*Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links.
- 10 Unique Gifts for a Child Who Loves LEGO Minifigures
- Christmas Countdown Ideas: Nativity Story